asher63 (asher63) wrote,

What does not kill me, makes me stronger - and conversely.

Speaking of yellowjackets, the old man is mortally allergic to their stings - but 'twas not always thus. Apparently he got stung so many times in his younger, homesteading years that his body became hyper-sensitized.

I guess it can go either way, sometimes, when your body is over-exposed to something: either you gradually build up a resistance to it and become immune, or else your body becomes oversensitive to it and you can't stand even a little bit. (Like if your parents caught you smoking or drinking liquor and forced you to do the thing until you became sick; you might have a lifelong aversion to it after that.)

Tags: life

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.